Anxiety Therapy Online
Our Therapists Offer the Same Anxiety and OCD Treatment We Normally Do, Now Through Online Therapy via Video
We are working exclusively online during the Covid-19 pandemic, and our online therapy has always been available for clients who can’t find an anxiety specialist near them.
Our experienced psychologists and therapists are anxiety experts, and we are proud to offer our highly effective therapy online via secure video conference (like Zoom/Skype). We have offered our services to some clients online for years even before the pandemic and are now doing it for all of our clients.
Benefits of Online Therapy:
- You get the same therapy you would get if we were seeing you in person
- Research studies have shown that online therapy is just as effective as therapy done in person.
- Convenience: sessions can be done from home and don’t require driving to our office, so they take less of your time
- It allows access to top quality, specialized treatment for those who would otherwise not be able to access it near them, such as clients who:
- Don’t have anxiety/OCD specialists where they live
- Can’t make it to our office due to distance or scheduling issues
- Are homebound because of their anxiety or OCD.
Our online therapy can help you create a freer, more relaxed life. There IS a solution to your anxiety problem, but you need the right help.
Most therapists are generalists who do a little bit of work with a lot of different types of problems. When you see a generalist, they may not have much experience treating your specific issue. This is especially true with many of the unique ways that anxiety can present itself.
Anxiety and OCD often require more specialized expertise.
Unfortunately, it can be hard to find an experienced anxiety specialist in many areas. Generalist therapists are everywhere, but if you don’t live near a big city, odds are you don’t have a qualified anxiety or OCD specialist near you.
An anxiety specialist, like the therapists on our team, spends all their time treating clients with anxiety and OCD. This means that unlike a generalist, you can bet that our therapists have worked with your specific issue before.
We are psychologists and therapists who work exclusively with anxiety and OCD with children, teens, and adults.
We use Exposure Therapy, which research has demonstrated is the MOST effective therapy technique for reducing anxiety.
If you are seeking help with anxiety or OCD, it is critical that your therapist is using the right treatment. But Exposure Therapy can be hard to find in many locations because in spite of its research support, not many therapists have experience or training in it.
This is why we offer our services via a private and secure video platform online. This makes it easy for you to get the right help even if you can’t get it near where you live.
Online therapy is also a good fit for clients who are unable to come in and see us in person for other reasons, such as physical disabilities, anxiety about leaving the house or driving, or scheduling issues.
Where we can provide online therapy
Different states and countries have different laws regarding the practice of online therapy. Unfortunately, these laws are fairly restrictive if you live inside the United States or Canada; in these countries, the therapist is required to be licensed to practice in the state/province where the client is located, not just where the therapist is located. Because licenses for psychologists and therapists are granted state-by-state rather than nationally, we can only practice online therapy for clients who are in the states where we are licensed.
Therefore, we are only able to serve clients who are located in the following U.S. states:
Providing online therapy in other countries also poses some legal hurdles. Unfortunately, at this time, we are not able to provide our services to clients in other countries.
So if you are ready to get relief from your anxiety, here are your next steps:
1. Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page and get Dr. Stein’s free audio recording: “What To Do When You Feel Anxious”.
2. Contact us for a free phone consultation, where we’ll answer all your questions and help you decide whether we are the right fit for you.
3. If you are ready to book an online therapy appointment now, follow the steps in the box below to use our online scheduler (if you are booking an online therapy appointment, we ask that you please contact us first to confirm which therapists can do online therapy with you, which depends on where you are located due to different therapists being licensed in different states)):