Generalized Anxiety Therapists in Denver, Reno, and Boise
Want to stop worrying all the time?
Are you a worrier? Does it feel like your mind races with anxiety and you can’t shut it off?
If so, you may be suffering from generalized anxiety.
But with the right treatment, you can end the worry cycle and live a more peaceful life.
We specialize in a unique type of therapy that has been shown to be the MOST effective method for reducing generalized anxiety and worry.
Generalized anxiety can be a frustrating problem. If you find yourself worrying excessively, you probably feel like your mind starts racing and nothing you do can slow it down. Even if you feel OK about one thing, it’s like your mind always comes up with something else to worry about.
Here are some characteristic signs that you may have generalized anxiety:
- You worry about lots of different things, both large and small. You can’t stop worrying even when you know it’s irrational.
- You overanalyze things: Your mind is always trying to come up with plans or figure something out.
- There doesn’t seem to be a specific trigger for your anxiety: it feels like it’s always there.
- Difficulty sleeping.
- You hate uncertainty and have a hard time leaving things unresolved or uncertain.
- Difficulty making decisions: It takes a long time to decide anything, even small things, because you want to make absolutely sure it’s the right choice.
- The anxiety starts to manifest physically: you may feel tense, short of breath, or even nauseous.
When you are worried about something, you just can’t seem to let it go. It’s like a nagging feeling in the back of your head that won’t let up until the worry is resolved. You probably try to distract yourself or think about something else. At other times, you might try to think more positively or get reassurance from loved ones.
But the anxious, pessimistic thoughts always creep back in. Your mind always comes up with another reason to worry. It can be SO aggravating to feel like you have no control over your mind.
Maybe you’ve even been to a therapist before but found it unhelpful because they just talked about your worries or taught you some breathing exercises. You can reach a point of feeling hopeless that the anxiety will ever end.
We use research-proven methods that will help you stop worrying and get relief from constant anxiety.
If you suffer from generalized anxiety, we can help you:
- Dramatically reduce anxiety.
- Put a stop to the worry cycle.
- Live in the NOW: Learn how to enjoy the present moment instead of worrying about the future.
- Stop overanalyzing.
- Sleep better.
- Feel less anxious when things are uncertain or unresolved.
- Make decisions more quickly, without agonizing over whether you’re making the right choice.
- Be able to relax and enjoy a normal life.
Imagine a calmer, more peaceful life in which your worry is under your control. You’ll be able to concentrate only on what’s important. You’ll be free to enjoy yourself and feel at ease doing it.
You CAN have a life like this, but you need the help of an experienced anxiety specialist to do it.
How can you be sure that we can help with your anxiety?
Because we are anxiety specialists. We know what works for anxiety.
Most therapists treat clients with a wide variety of issues, but our practice is exclusively focused on helping people with anxiety.
This means that we have seen far more clients with generalized anxiety than your average therapist, so we have a deeper, clearer understanding of this complex issue. We know that you don’t just need someone to talk to, you need someone to show you what to DO about your anxiety.
We are also different because we use a proven treatment called Exposure Therapy (a type of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy). Although research has shown Exposure Therapy to be the most effective treatment for generalized anxiety, very few therapists in the areas where we are located practice this technique. We are among the few who specialize in it.
This is one reason that we are likely to be effective for you even if you have not benefited from other therapies in the past.
If you are struggling with constant worry and anxiety, you have probably been fighting it for many years. You may feel hopeless that you will ever feel better. But rest assured, counseling with an anxiety specialist can help you end this problem and enjoy a normal, peaceful life.
If you are ready to get relief from your anxiety, contact us and we’ll get started.
Here are your next steps:
- Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page and get Dr. Stein’s free audio recording: “What To Do When You Feel Anxious”.
- Contact us for a free phone consultation, where we’ll answer all your questions and help you decide whether we are the right fit for you.
- If you are ready to book an appointment now, follow the steps in the box below to use our online scheduler: